It’s getting hot out there–so it’s nice to give your stove a break! Lucky for us, most of our veggies this week can be eaten raw! If not, try grilling them on the bbq. Enjoy!
For Veggie and Artisan Boxes, here’s a list of some delicious veggies you may receive. Expect to get 7 or 8 of these yummy items!!
- Bok Choy
- Kohlrabi–check out our featured veggie here
Artisan Box Members–You’ll also be getting these items:
- White Eggplant–use this just as you would regular purple eggplant. Read about eggplant here.
- Baby Arugula from The New Farm–this arugula is triple-washed at the farm, so you can use it straight from the bag without crunching on dirt!
- Strawberries–they are small and sweet this year, just what everyone hopes for! Click here to read about our favorite berry!
- Upper Canada Multigrain Artisanal Flour from K2 Milling. To read about our featured producer, K2 Milling, click here.
- Pepato Fresco from Monforte Dairy Company in Perth County (Stratford). This is a delicious pasteurized sheep’s milk cheese.
Cheese maker Ruth Klahsen impresses the rind of this soft, creamy cheese with copious layers of zesty fragrant peppercorns. Pepato Fresco’s tart, acidic curd is a cool foil for the piquant spice, tempering the bold flavours somewhat. Try a pat on top of grilled steak, hot pasta or tomatoes. yum!
Featured Producer: K2 Milling!
Read all about K2 Milling here.
Featured Vegetable: Kohlrabi!
Read all about Kohlrabi here.
Stir-Fried Bok Choy or other Sturdy Greens
A great recipe to keep on hand when you have greens you want to use up!
Mustard Glazed Chicken with Arugula and Bok Choy
Massimo Capra’s Quinoa and Eggplant Sandwich
I would recommend eating this sandwich with a knife and fork!